StyleTap Platform for iPhone v0.9.010 Released
StyleTap Platform for iPhone® v0.9.010 is now available for download through Cydia and provides the following:
- An updated WebTools utility that should eliminate the initial "hang" problem.
- Due to popular demand, the iPhone keyboard will no longer automatically pop up when a field is given focus. However, when the user presses the keyboard button, StyleTap will still attempt to scroll the screen down to show the field if necessary.
- The "Quit" and "Menu" buttons have been moved down to increase the distance between these buttons and the application window.
- EvtResetAutoOffTimer has been implemented.
- Fix to display problem in some applications (BackupMan).
- Fix to problem in some HandDBase applications.
- Certain iPhone models do not provide country information and this was causing a crash on startup. This has been fixed.
NOTE: If you already downloaded the initial version of StyleTap, by simply running Cydia again, it will show this version as an available update on the "Change” button. Installing the new version of StyleTap should preserve your registration code and any applications and databases that you have installed.
We thank the many of you who sent emails asking questions and offering suggestions and congratulations for finally getting the product out the door. We’re glad that we are able to enable so many of you to keep running those key applications that you can’t live without.
Lastly, we especially offer our sincere thanks to the customers who patiently worked with us to isolate and fix these early issues – it is very appreciated!
Questions About Supporting Android Devices
Immediately after we announced the iPhone version, we received a small avalanche of emails asking, pleading, demanding and even begging that we create a version of StyleTap Platform for Android devices.
We continue to evaluate the technical and business case for supporting devices running Android, but we are not yet ready to make any public commitment.
However, we can say that we are very encouraged by two things:
- The improvements in the Android NDK make it more feasible for a complex application like StyleTap to work properly under Android
- The recent efforts by Google and others to reverse the fragmentation of the Android market into vendor-specific implementations that are incompatible with each other.
We appreciate that there is significant interest in a version of StyleTap for Android, and we will keep you updated here on the blog as to our progress and decisions.
StyleTap Platform for iPhone®
is now available for download
at the StyleTap website!
We are very
happy to finally announce the immediate availability of a full implementation of StyleTap Platform that runs on Apple iPhone and iPod touch devices.
StyleTap Platform for iPhone supports standard features that include TCP/IP networking, audio recording and playback, the ability to use the multi-gigabyte storage as a virtual memory card, and cut/copy/paste of text between native and Palm OS applications. It also provides innovative capabilities such as giving Palm OS applications access to the iPhone GPS by providing location information in standard GPS NMEA format.
With this release, StyleTap-compatible applications can now run on all Palm OS devices, all Windows Mobile devices, all Symbian smartphones, and now on Apple iPhone and iPod touch devices – more than any other type of mobile applications.
See the news release
for the full details.