Bluetooth Support Added to StyleTap for Android
Platform for Android™ v0.8.007 now supports Bluetooth via RFCOMM (serial over Bluetooth) when used through the standard Palm serial API.
This Bluetooth support is comparable to the Bluetooth support available in the Windows Mobile version of StyleTap. It enables Palm OS applications running under StyleTap to print to most Bluetooth printers supported by standard Palm print utilties, such as Stevens Creek PalmPrint and Bachmann PrintBoy. It also allows communication with GPS devices, while preserving the prior support for obtaining GPS NMEA strings from the Android Location Manager (see the Release Notes for details).
Release v0.8.007 also includes fixes for:
- Error constructing the NMEA strings when the "system locale" was not English has been fixed.
- Fix for getting keyboard input on some Motorola devices (e.g. Motorola Pro+)
- Various fixes to support some applications (e.g. ChessMaster) reported by users
The new version can be downloaded
now. See the Release Notes for more details.
NOTE: Apple has not provided a public API for generic use with standard Bluetooth devices, so we remain unable to support Bluetooth on iPhone/iPad devices.
StyleTap Android Wrapper SDK Now Available
Android™ Wrapper SDK is now available.
StyleTap Android Wrapper SDK is a software development kit that allows Palm application vendors and corporations to deploy applications originally written for Palm OS®
as Android applications that run on standard Android smartphones and tablets. The resulting Android applications can be distributed via an app store or deployed internally within corporations.
Interested companies and developers can visit the product page
for more information about the SDK.
Download StyleTap iOS Wrapper SDK Directly
StyleTap® iOS® Wrapper SDK can now be downloaded
directly from our website.
StyleTap iOS Wrapper SDK is a software development kit that allows Palm application vendors and corporations to deploy applications originally written for Palm OS® as iOS applications that run on standard iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. The resulting iOS applications can be submitted to the Apple App Store or deployed internally within corporations.
Visit the product page
for more information about the SDK.
Updated version of StyleTap Platform for Windows Mobile
An updated version (v1.1.021) of StyleTap Platform for Windows Mobile is now available for download
at the StyleTap website.
- Added barcode scanning support for Motorola MC55a and MC75a. There is a new DLL SymbolScannerlDLLv25.dll which will be used instead of SymbolScannerDLL.dll if the device is a Motorola MC55a/MC75a
Added barcode scanning support for Janam XM66, Motorola ES400, Symbol 3100, MC7500S
- Fixes for HTC Touch Pro2
- Support for Dolphin 9900, Pidion BIP-7000, Psion Workabout 7527S, Aceeca 1500, Datalogic Falcon
- Fixes to DmInsertionSort/DmQuickSort, SysBinarySearch/SysInsertionSort/SysQSort
- Fixes for TealPrint
- Added support for "MountObjectStore=yes" and "ShowTaskBar=no" options in the StyleTapInit.ini file
- Fix to WinSaveBits so that if the specified rectangle is too big, it will return sysErrNoFreeResource
- Fix to vfs.cpp so that default subdirectory for Palm database files is "/PALM/Launcher/" instead of "/PALM/Launcher"
- Added fix to FrmSetMenu so that menu is not reset if the resource ID is the same as the active menu
- If a database cannot be loaded (most likely due to corruption), an attempt is made to load a backup version of the database if it exists. Database backup can be enabled by specifying "BackupDatabaseBeforeSaving=yes;" in the StyleTapInit.ini file
- Fixes for RoadLingua
Updated version of StyleTap Platform for iPhone
An updated version (StyleTap Platform for iPhone® is now available through Cydia.
This version contains the following updates:
- Fixes an incompatiblity with iOS 6.
- Fixes a problem with cutting and pasting text to/from Palm applications and non-Palm applications.